Monday, May 28, 2007

Five Steps to Keep a Relationship Fresh and Exciting

Do you find yourself in a relationship that seems to be drying up? Do you feel like you need to know how to save a marriage? If so, consider the love relationship advice in the following steps.

1. Date your partner.

Do you still remember your first date with the person you really liked or fell in love with? Were you not excited about it? Sure you were! Do you want to know how an exciting relationship can help you enhance your marriage? Let us tell you that the excitement we had on our first date is still very vivid in our minds. Perhaps we may not remember all the details, but we surely cannot forget how we felt. All our attention was towards each other and as the saying goes, 'the world seemed to have stopped.' And we wished the night would never end.

Well then, continue to date your partner - reliving those moments to keep the freshness and closeness of your relationship. An exciting relationship can continue to inspire both of you. It's a precious moment where you both can freely communicate - leaving behind daily work, chores, and problems. It's a time to relax and just enjoy each other's presence after a busy week.

Consider this love relationship advice: My wife and I go out a least once a week to our favorite coffee shops, where we like to dream-build. We also know of another couple -friends of ours - who say that Friday night is their night out together. They normally have dinner and watch a movie afterwards. They will not accept any appointments or invitations from anyone on Friday nights.

2. Take time to give your partner a call during the day.

Once again, I remember the days when I was courting my wife. The phone was glued to my ear. It was difficult to say goodbye on the phone. Every chance I got, I would try to call her, and her voice was music to my soul. Haven't you experienced this? Sure you have! Now, after being married for many years, in spite of my busy schedule in the office I still will take a break to call my wife from the office just to greet her.

3. Send SMS messages.

The majority of people today have mobile phones. This is a great tool for us to send greetings or sayings to our loved ones. We can sometimes be so caught up in the rat race that it takes all of our time. With a mobile phone, there is no excuse not to send a message or call our loved one using this great invention of communication - even when we may not have the time to buy a card from the bookstore. More simple but effective love relationship advice!

4. Always look good for your partner; don't be sloppy.

When I was courting my wife, I remember how I tried to look my best for her. I stayed long in front of the mirror to make sure everything was in the right place; I saw to it that my clothes had the right color combination, that they were ironed well, etc.

Have you watched movies or read comics that portray married people where, after many years, the wife dresses sloppily at home with curlers in her hair and wears a loose house-dress? The husband doesn't shave daily and wears his favorite torn t-shirt? This definitely removes the romance between them. We have heard a lot of couples complain about this - and also complain that their partners don't keep their figures in shape anymore. They make the excuse that the other should accept him or her, as they promised in their marriage, for better or worse.

Don't do this to one another. Always look your best - to make your partner happy and 'only have eyes for you'.

5. Jot down important dates such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

This may seem insignificant to many, but it is a big thing, especially for wives. Women in general are very sentimental. I remember my sister-in-law's experience in their first year of marriage. Her husband one day asked her the date of her birthday because he needed it for a document. This made her furious because she couldn't believe he didn't remember! It wasn't a big deal for my brother-in-law, but that created their first big fight. For the wife, it was inconceivable that if he loved her, he would forget this date. From that time on, he made sure to send her flowers or at least give her a birthday card.

It's always nice to give surprises on special occasions. They don't have to be expensive: it's the thought that counts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post, I needed this one to keep my relationship with my wife always healthy, it's like the first time dating

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. This is a lot of help to me since I'm single and finding someone to date to.

introductionsInc.com said...

Thanks For Sharing Nice Mature Dating tips and advices, Keep Such Dating Tips Continue.

Introductions, Inc

cjunarse said...

thanks for sharing this information or this different tips by the way im laviniarain i just wanted to share this site because this site its very interesting it has many articles about love and relationships, and some tips and strategies in dating. you can visit this link http://www.freeadultdatingguide.com. enjoy.

Unknown said...

sichickeemy adventures in the dating world and the one I think I let get away!

dating agency